Sunday 26 June 2011

Norfolk, Titchwell 16:00 and Jersey, Guerilla Report

Jersey

MG

 St Brelades

 In a reversal of what normally happens, my last minute trip to Jersey brings with it a stupendous heatwave, transforming Jersey into a paradise island; secret coves, turquoize water, white sands. The only disadvantages are millionaires in motor boats cluttering up the water, an extremley lack lustre swimming companion (this is a recent development - I remember SH so determined to swim that she and my support team ploughed a furrow through a school of jelly fish. Salad days indeed) and - this obviously not a disadvantage to me - a distinctly cooler temperature than home. Despite this, I spend two days swimming and lazing; Jersey comes highly recommended. 

Bouley Bay


p.s having staggered straight from beach to plane covered in sand and wearing my damp bikini under my clothes in true international jet setter style, I then endure a two hour delay (the flight should take 25mins); what better way to wash off the travel than a grabbed twilight swim at West Bay enroute home?



Norfolk, Titchwell


After a few days of epic back pain (entirely self inflicted)  and torrential rain today dawns dry and with not a cloud in the sky. The sea is so delicious and warm there are at least 3 other people swimming! To be fair Titchwell is a beach for birdwatchers not swimmers and sunbathers. As it is high tide I can swim out of my depth, in no danger of bruising my knees by banging them on the sand. I feel fish around my ankles not an entirely pleasant sensation especially with my jelly fish phobia. I am V. jealous of the delicious Battenburg cake enjoyed by SW and MG but feel that the glorious blue sky is fair recompense.  Today I am trying a little experiment, I've collected some sea water and I'm going to boil it down to get some hopefully pure North Sea, sea salt.. watch this space...
J.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment